Welcome to the Library which is one of the central support services of SIESCOMS. The mission of the Library is to provide information services and access to bibliographic and full text digital and printed resources to support the scholarly and informational needs of the Institute Community. The Library is well equipped with modern facilities and resources in the form of CD-ROMs, On-line databases, books and e-books, e-journals, reports, etc.
The Library, situated on the 2nd floor of the SIESCOMS Campus caters to the information needs of the institute faculty, students, staff, MDP Programmes, and research institutions (CMRD). In addition, the members of other sister institutes in the campus like Graduate School of Engineering (GST), School of Packaging, Graduate School of Commerce, IIEM, Senior Citizen Home, VedPathShala, also borrow books from the SIESCOMS library for quick reference. The collection comprises printed documents such as books, reports, student’s projects & journal back volumes. The non-book collections include material like CD ROM discs. It has a separate collection of prescribed Reference books in the reference section for the exclusive use of staff and research students.
The Library is committed to meet the customer’s expectation by implementing and maintaining excellence in library systems, procedures and services through.
- Providing value added services that continually meet the stake - holder’s requirements with formal means of addressing and resolving customer needs in time.
- Developing a team oriented work environment that encourages continuous quality improvement and effective staff user interface to ensure continuous improvement in library services and products.
- List of non-book Material eg. CD ROMS available in the Library through OPAC. Faculty members may contact the Counter staff for viewing or issue for a limited period
The Library provides various services for its members such as - Lending of books and journal current/back volumes, reservation of books, inter-library loan, document delivery, reprographic, e-material circulation (CDs/ DVDs) and Internet services. All the library activities are computerized, including bar-coded ID cards and separate On-line Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) terminals for searching books in the library
The library working hours are from 9.00 A.M. to 9.00 P.M. on weekdays and 11 A.M. to 6.30 P.M. on Sundays with Circulation Timing from 9.30A.M to 6.00 P.M. It is closed only the institute's list of holidays in year.
- Members can access OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue) in the Library section.
- 1261 CD's / DVDs + 600 in house Project Reports in CD format.
- The Library provides on-line access to a large number of full-text journal databases from various publishers. These e-journals are accessible on intranet to campus users only.
- Linguaphone Language Lab inside the library area for developing communication Skills of the students.
- It has around 30,000 books covering all disciplines of Management, IT, Marketing, fiction, and nonfiction books.
- Institutional Membership of British Council Library
- Institutional Membership of American Library
- Institutional Membership of MELIBNET
- Institutional Membership of TISS
- Institutional Membership IDIGR
The Library currently subscribes to around 47 National journals and 21 International Journals in IT and Management Programmes in physical forms. It also provides on-line access to a large number of full-text journal databases from various publishers. These e-journals are accessible on intranet to campus users only.